Global Vendor Agreement
Last Updated: 04/10/2020
1. In JDL Corporation’s sole discretion, early booth tear downs will result in a charge equal to 50% (percent) of the total rental charges.
2. The vendor will not organize, promote or otherwise participate in any endeavor which directly competes and/or jeopardizes the operation and well-being of the Shipshewana on the Road Shows.
3. Subletting of booth space is prohibited.
4. JDL Corporation is solely responsible for the assignment of booth space. JDL Corporation reserves the right to reassign booth space at any time.
5. The vendor will make prior arrangements with JDL Corporation if they are unable to set-up their booth/display during the designated set-up period for the Show.
6. There will be a charge of an additional $10.00 (each) if electricity, tables or frames are added at the requested Show. This charge is in addition to the listed rental rate on page three of this Application/Agreement.
7. The vendor will move their vehicles, vans, trucks, trailers etc. to the designated vendor parking area(s) immediately after unloading during move-in. Vendors will not park in any area used for customer parking or any fire lane while the Show is open to the public.
8. Heavy items must be carried or moved in on wheels so as not to cause permanent scratches or mars to the floors of the facility.
9. The driving of nails, tacks, screws or use of any method of attaching materials to walls, floors or railing of the facility is prohibited.
10. All booths/displays must be set-up and ready for business at least ONE HOUR PRIOR to the Show opening to the public on the first day of the Show. NO move-ins or set-ups will be permitted while the Show is open to the public. You will be allowed to restock as necessary during the Show.
11. The vendor will observe the designated Show hours and be present in their booth while the Show is open to the public.
12. The vendor will confine all sales activities within the limits of their designated booth space. Tables, chairs and display items may not be placed in the aisle way. Television, radio, stereo, musical instruments and other sound producing items must be kept at a volume which does not disturb other vendors. The vendor must inform and cooperate with neighboring vendors prior to the opening of the Show of their intent to use sound producing equipment during the Show.
13. The sale of any food or beverage products must be conducted in full compliance of the local health department regulations. Any licenses, permits, fees, etc., necessary for the sale of food or beverage products must be obtained by the vendor. No food or beverage product can be sold which could be considered in competition with or possible competition with the facility’s concessions without the approval of JDL Corporation. Various facilities allow the sale of these items and will charge the vendor an additional fee. The potential fees charged by the facility will likely range between $50 per day and 30 percent of sales although these additional fees are subject to change without notice. JDL Corporation is in no way responsible for these additional fees and failure to obtain any license, permit, fee, etc. will not result in JDL Corporation refunding any booth fees.
14. The vendor must follow all applicable local/State/Federal laws at all times.
15. The vendor will be responsible for the collection, reporting and payment of any and all applicable sales tax as a result of doing business during the Show.
16. Smoking is prohibited during the Show except in designated smoking areas.
17. Gambling of any sort, liquor, intoxicating beverages, firearms and illegal drugs are prohibited from the premises during the Show.
18. No pets will be allowed in the exhibit area.
19. No “banana boxes” will be allowed in the vendor space during a Show.
20. The vendor is responsible to skirt all tables (whether rented from JDL Corporation or owned by vendor) to the floor with fire retardant table skirting material.
21. The vendors’ booth(s)/display(s) will NOT be torn down before the Show closes to the public on the final day of the Show or you will not be allowed to participate in any future JDL Corporation Show and all funds paid will be forfeited.
22. The vendor will remove all merchandise, products, displays etc. immediately after the Show closes on the final day. The vendor will be responsible for the removal and off-site disposal of all boxes, cardboard, refuse, rubbish, trash etc. from their booth space. The vendor will assume the cost of removal of any debris/refuse left by the vendor in or around the facility.
23. The vendor will be responsible to replace, repair and otherwise assumes the expense for any defacement and/or damage to the facility caused by the vendor or their representatives.
24. Vendor authorizes JDL Corporation to use the information within this Application for marketing purposes.
25. Any errors made on this Application/Agreement will not be the responsibility of JDL Corporation.
26. The vendor will not pin, tape, wire, staple, glue, soil, take down or in any other way modify, deface or damage the Exhibit draping. Any rearrangement of Exhibit draping will be performed by the Show decorator, JDL Corporation or another authorized representative. The vendor will assume the cost to repair, replace and/or clean the Exhibit draping as a result of unauthorized actions.
27. If vendor chooses to pay for booth rent via credit card/debit card or similar over the telephone, in person, via USPS or any other method this Application/Agreement will be deemed as approval and will take the place of a signature on the receipt.
28. If vendor made any payment via credit card/debit card or similar and has not paid the full balance for Show by the due date listed on the Confirmation this Application/Agreement will serve as authorization for JDL Corporation to charge any remaining balance at any time on or after the due date (60 days prior to Show) via the credit card supplied unless other arrangements have been made between JDL Corporation and vendor.
29. Violating the Shipshewana On The Road Rules and Regulations may, at the discretion of JDL Corporation, result in fines, immediate expulsion from the Show, forfeiture of any fees paid and denial of participation in any future Shows.
30. By submitting this Application/Agreement, vendor agrees to join the Shipshewana On The Road E-Newsletter.
31. Definition: Corner Booth – a 10’ x 8’ or 10’ x 10’ booth that has 18’ or 20’ of frontage.
In-line Booth – a 10’ x 8’ or 10’ x 10’ booth that has 10’ of frontage.
32. Returned check fee: there will be a $35.00 fee for all checks returned for insufficient funds or for any other reason.
33. Cancelation fee: there will be a $50 fee for any Show that is canceled beyond 60 days prior to the Show. Any fees paid for confirmed booth space will be forfeited if the space is canceled by the vendor within 60 days of the Show.
34. The Shipshewana On The Road Rules and Regulations are subject to the sole interpretation of JDL Corporation and may be modified and/or expanded anytime and at its sole discretion.
- Confirmation of reserved booth space and a receipt will be sent to the vendor if the Application/Agreement is accepted. Booth space will not be reserved unless the total booth fees and/or the deposit is paid in advance. The balance due for any Show that a deposit has been accepted is due 60 days prior to the Show, no exceptions.
- A complete list of products must be provided as part of completing this Application/Agreement (attach separate sheet if necessary). JDL Corporation reserves the right to disallow any product(s).
- All products bearing logos, trademarks, etc. must be authentic and licensed by the appropriate licensing authority. Unlicensed, counterfeit, stolen or otherwise illegal products are prohibited. All goods, wares, displays and any other merchandise is understood to be at the vendor’s risk. JDL Corporation, the Show sponsor, the facility, their agents and employees are not liable for damage, injury or loss to any person or goods from any cause.
- JDL Corporation, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to accept or reject any or all Applications/Agreements. This Application/Agreement is not accepted or executed until written confirmation is received by the vendor. JDL Corporation reserves the right to terminate any Agreement with any vendor at any time with or without cause. JDL Corporation shall not be liable for damages of any kind resulting from the rejection of any Application/Agreement or the termination of any agreement with any vendor.
- There will be a $50.00 fee for all checks returned due to insufficient funds or any other reason.
- CANCELATION POLICY: If cancelled, for any reason, beyond 60 days prior to the Show a $50.00 fee applies. All fees paid for confirmed booth space will be forfeited if cancelled within 60 days of the scheduled Show date. If the Show is cancelled by Federal, State or County authority due to coronavirus/COVID-19 or any variant the vendor has choice between two options: 1) 100% of funds paid will be transferred to another show or 2) refunded, minus a $25 administration fee. This administrative fee is intended to cover a portion of the costs associated with issuing any refunds
- There will be a charge of an additional $10.00 (each) if electricity, tables, or frames are requested during the final week prior to the requested Show. This charge is in addition to the normal rental rate listed on page three of this application.
- Booths must remain intact, open for business and not torn down, in any form, until the closing of the show. No banners, tables, back stock, large or small items may be taken down or removed from the booth. No dollies, carts or other transportation method is allowed in the booth area until the closing of the show. Prior to check in at the show a valid credit/debit card, check or cash must be provided to cover these fees. No fees will be assessed if you abide by the rules.
In JDL Corporation’s sole discretion, early booth tear downs will result in a charge equal to 50% (percent) of the total rental charges.